With this recession, many think it’s impossible to land your dream job. I’m here to tell you otherwise. You can land your dream job by utilizing LinkedIn to it’s full potential.
LinkedIn is growing every day and many of the fortune 500 companies are using it to recruit new employees. There are even conferences for HR personnel on how to utilize LinkedIn to match up their specific requirements to candidates all by searching online. The problem is that many users on LinkedIn don’t optimize their profile. If you optimize your profile and start making connections on LinkedIn, you can land your next job.
- The first thing you need to do is ask if you have the skills required for your dream job. If you don’t, go out there and get them.
- Optimize your LinkedIn profile. As the digital age progresses, the need for an online resume that’s well written and optimized, becomes more and more important.
- Join groups on LinkedIn that match up with your profession. There are many recruiters that lurk these groups for the best candidate.
- PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSION. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.
- Make connections with the professionals in within the company that you would like to be a part of. Many call this stalking. I call it strategy.
- Apply for the jobs that are posted through the LinkedIn website. Eventually, you will get recognized
- Keep applying, honing your skills and making connections.
I’m currently doing all the above and I’m making more job interviews than I ever have before. I haven’t landed my dream career yet but I’m not giving up. Hopefully I will update you soon with positive results.
That’s all for today everyone! Take care!~