The 113th congress meets tomorrow. Dianne Feinstein plans to propose another bill to ban more features in what she calls “Assault Rifles”
First of all, this congressman is a dipshit. She thinks a weapon that looks like a machine gun but is a standard semi-automatic rifle, should be banned because it looks bad. Here is what she is attempting to legislate. If this doesn’t get voted out, I will have absolutely no faith in this country.
- Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
- 120 specifically-named firearms;
- Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
- Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
- Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
- Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
- Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
- Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
- Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
- Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
There are even more parts of this bill that she states won’t come out until it’s passed. Another question for all of you anti-gun people…Does our military force need guns to fight the enemy? AH-HA! Of course they do because they are fighting enemies that have similar guns…wait a minute…doesn’t the same fall true for united states citizens? I think we have already established the fact that criminals will get their hands on weapons no matter what…Shouldn’t we be afforded the right to defend ourselves against those criminals with the same type of rifles?
Guess what – In 1995 she also stated that if she could, she would do an outright ban on these types of rifles to include taking them away from law abiding citizens like you an me. Here is the video as proof!
Dianne Feinstein wanting to take everything away from you!
She also stated that she knows the urge to arm yourself and she says that she arms herself! She has a concealed carry permit! The issue isn’t the type of weapon. The issue is mental health. Most of these crimes have happened in a “gun-free” environment. If you propose a ban where law abiding citizens have to turn in their weapons, you leave the law abiding citizen open to attack.
The point is that she is attempting to take our rights away! You need to speak up to your local congressman and tell them that they better not vote for this! Let me know what you think! I invite all of your comments!